Thursday, March 15, 2012

The Open Sea Retirement

Hello!
For those of you with kids on March Break, I hope you're having a wonderful week off!  I am still totally enjoying being at my parents house and they have been amazing and totally spoiling the boys and I.  I couldn't be happier!  My oldest has announced that he's going to stay here for the entire summer!  We'll see about that.

I was asked by a friend to make retirement cards for two crown attorney's who are retiring next month.

These cards needs to be signed by A LOT of people so they need to be large.

This card isn't you're average card size.  This one is actually 8.5"X11".  Cards this big are a little tough to do!

The first card is for someone who loves sailing...immediately I thought of The Open Sea and the Nautical Expedition DSP!  I started designing this card using Sleepy in Seattle's idea and then expanding!

I will hopefully get the other card done this weekend and post it for you!  The next card is a bit more challenging so I'm a little nervous!

Supplies: 
Cardstock: Sahara Sand, Early Espresso, Whisper White
DSP: Nautical Expedition
Stamps: The Open Sea
Ink: Soft Suede, Early Espresso
Other: Grommets, Early Espresso Bakers Twine, Dimensionals, Stripes Embossing Folder


No comments:

Post a Comment