Sunday, June 17, 2012

Happy Father's Day!


Hello!
Happy Father's Day!  How did the middle of June get here so fast!  I can't believe it!  Father's Day around here won't be too exciting.  My husband spent Saturday flying his airplanes at a fun fly near Guelph (Ontario).  That was his treat.  He has also seen his present already - new shoes for his mountain bike!  He was pretty excited!  Oh, and I picked up him favourite Thai food for dinner!

Anyhow, I had trouble making his Father's Day card.  I like to make cards that really reflect him and what he loves and his biggest love (after me and the boys of course!) is airplanes!  So, as you can see in the photos below I tried my hardest to make this card look like his favourite airplane - the big Pitts bi-plane done up in the Ford scheme!  This plane is made (by my husband) to look like the full scale airplane used in the Red Bull air races.  To give you a real sense of how big the plane is I included a picture of my husband starting it.  He's turning the propeller and his friend Brad is holding the plane...once it starts...it goes!

This isn't my favourite card but he'll like it because it will remind him of his "baby"!  I hope all the dad's out there have a great day!

Okay as an aside...I used my new Pacific Point ink but I'm not convinced it's Pacific Point...Does it not look totally different from the cardstock?  Am I imagining it or is there something wrong with my ink?

Supplies:
Cardstock: Whisper White, Pacific Point, Daffodil Delight, More Mustard, Pumpkin Pie
Stamps: Plane and Simple, Best Dad Ever
Ink: Versamark, Pacific Point
Other: White Embossing Powder, Apothecary Accents Framelit Dies, Dimensionals



Thanks for stopping by!  Check out Tiffany Bauer's page today where one of my cards is featured on "My Crafty Picks"!

Have a great day!
Jen

No comments:

Post a Comment