Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Happy Anniversary Freshly Made Sketches!


Hello!  Today is a very special day!  Not only is it Wednesday (and we're halfway through the week!) but it's also the first anniversary for Freshly Made Sketches!  I am so honoured to be a part of this special day!  

This week you get to choose any of our past sketches for your card!  Check out the past sketches here!  So head on over to the blog, check out those fabulous Design Team creations and get yourself started!  We've had some fabulous entries the last few weeks!  Sure makes the Design Team's job of picking a winner super hard.  

I decided to work with Sketch #26 since I really wanted to use my snowflake die!




I wanted to do more traditional colours for this card so stuck with the Cherry Cobbler and Very Vanilla!  Oh, I also used the Cherry Cobbler Core'dinations!  I had the Early Espresso and loved it...how could I not get the Cherry Cobbler too?!

Supplies:
Cardstock: Very Vanilla, Cherry Cobbler (core'dinations)
DSP: Be of Good Cheer
Stamps: Petite Pairs
Ink: Cherry Cobbler
Other: Snow Flurry Bigz Die, Basic Pearls, Snow Burst Textured Embossing Folder, Dimensionals, Sanding Block


Okay so I didn't just make one card....I actually made this Halloween one first but I didn't like it.  Caleb has decided that he does like this card and wants me to send it to him for Halloween!  I'm glad I have him around to make me feel better!!!

I really do like the Googly Ghouls stamp set!  They are really cute little Halloween "monsters"!


Supplies: 
Cardstock: More Mustard, Basic Black, Very Vanilla
DSP: Howlstooth and Scaringbone
Stamps: Googly Ghouls
Ink: Basic Black
Other: Googlies, Black Glimmer Brads, Apothecary Accents Framelits, Labels Collection Framelits, Bitty Banners Framelits, Dimensionals


Thanks for stopping by!
I hope you have a fabulous day!
Jen

9 comments:

  1. Wow .... awesome work Jen .... I love both cards, how can you go past that adorable googly ghoul, he makes halloween spooky and everything ghoulish!
    And as for that stunning snowflake with the faboulous embossed background and elegant pearls ... oh my, this is just gorgeous!!!
    Happy Anniversary and just thrilled to be part of this great team with you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jen! Both of your cards are adorable! That big snowflake is awesome - I love snowflakes! And I finally broke down and ordered the Ghoulies set for myself. They are just too cute. Can't wait to play with them this weekend. Happy Anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, two cards! I love the snowflake on the first (can't wait until I get my hands on that die) but I have a real soft spot for Halloween cards and I love the colors, texture and that adorable mummy! Happy anniversary Jen. I'm so glad you're part of our wonderful team!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow two cards! Terrific! I love that big snowflake :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Two fabulous cards, Jen! One beautiful and one adorable! You certainly rocked this sketch! How clever to showcase it in two completely different styles!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love both of these - such fun holiday creations! I love that little mummy with the one googy eye - so CUTE!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love both cards! I can't believe you didn't like the Halloween card! It's awesome; great textures, great papers and great use of the framelits!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous work as always Jen!! I am so happy you joined our team! Thank you for all of your hard work!
    Hugs,
    Lesley

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those are both awesome. I especially love the Christmas one. I still can't believe they retired that embossing folder.

    ReplyDelete