Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Freshly Made Sketches Challenge #55


Hello!
Hope everyone is having a good week!  Sorry for the lack of posts this week so far...it's been crazy here.   I've been at the school more than I have been home!  It's taking me a while to get into the groove!

This post will be quick tonight...I just got in from a training session and I'm looking forward to crawling into bed!

Wednesday means a new sketch over at Freshly Made Sketches!  This week's sketch is brought to us by extremely talented Jen Mitchell!  If you check out her sketch you'll see it has a CIRCLE on it!  She LOVES circles...I do not....sadly!!!!  I know she'll be giggling now reading this!

The design team has come up with some gorgeous cards!  What a talented bunch - a true honour to be working with them!  I wanted a clean and simple birthday card to have on hand...I also wanted to haul out my Papillon Potpourri stamp set again!  I've also used the Perfectly Penned Stamp set which you can now buy SEPARATELY!  Check out this link for details!




Supplies:
Cardstock: Soft Suede, Very Vanilla, Midnight Muse
Stamps: Perfectly Penned, Papillon Potpourri
Ink: Midnight Muse, Soft Suede
Other: Elegant Lines Textured Impressions Embossing Folder, Basic Pearls, 1" Circle Punch, 1 1/4" Scalloped Circle Punch, Elegant Butterfly Punch, Stampin' Up! Sanding Block, Dimensionals


Thanks for stopping by!
Hope you're having a great day!

Jen

10 comments:

  1. I'm laughing too. You'll notice my circles almost always turn into something else. Love this card. Clean and perfect! The colors are awesome together!! I love Midnight Muse but hadn't put it with Soft Suede yet. Fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I too really like this colour combo together - great card Jen! I'm a lover of circles - in fact I think I'm wearing out my circle scissor!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Jen! I love those colors together! Great card! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun and quick card! I love it. A slight change in the butterfly would make this a great man card.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I thought of you when I made this sketch because it's SQUARE and it's got the dreaded CIRCLE! But you got me turning it on it's side and doing a rectangle!! I love all things embossed and that butterfly looks terrific no matter what, so this one is going straight into my CASE file!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the colors that you chose and your embossed panel is a great accent!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful, Jen! I love the embossed panel. It forms such an elegant background for the gorgeous butterfly!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love how you used the sketch and the colors are unique and gorgeous together! Great details, too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabulous card Jen ... and great colours too .... I had to laugh about the circle, you did perfectly, actually I am surprised my card made a circle, as I tend to drift off the radar at times!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful card Jen! Love the sweet butterfly and embossed detail! Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete