Thursday, January 24, 2013

New York Style!



Hello!
I can't believe it's almost the end of the week!  How does that happen so quickly!  I'm in the process of getting 45 baby shower invitations ready and it's consuming most of my time right now!  I will hopefully get another new card posted on the weekend but we won't hold our breath!

I was commissioned by a friend to create a shower card - New York Style!  Okay, let's be honest.  I've never been to New York, I don't watch (and haven't ever watched) "Sex in the City" so when it comes to fashionista cards - I'm probably not your girl!  My friend, however, trusts me with this (Thank you Lauren...since I know you're reading this!).

I started with the Retro Sketches Challenge sketch for this week.  I threw in a purse and a shoe - and of course a wand (who doesn't want a wand?!) and viola!  The purse, shoe and wand started out red but then quickly changed to silver since the red just didn't quite look right.  Silver seemed to be a more fashionista colour...I could be wrong though...very wrong!!!  I used the Boho Blossoms punch to create a new flower on the purse!


I'm trusting this will meet the approval of the bride to be!

Supplies:
Cardstock: Basic Black, Whisper White
Stamps: Dress Up, Itty Bitty Banners
Ink: Versamark
Other: Silver Embossing Powder, Bitty Banners Framelits Dies, Lacy Brocade Textured Embossing Folder, Basic Rhinestones, Boho Blossoms Punch, Dimensionals

Thanks for stopping by!
Have a great weekend!

Jen!

1 comment:

  1. Great card! Love these elements & the silver makes the entire card pop!

    ReplyDelete