Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Freshly Made Sketches #94


Good Morning!
Happy Wednesday!  I hope your week has been going well!  I apologize for being MIA most of this week and last week as well!  Summer Camp has started at our church.  We have about 750+ kids coming every day and I have discovered I'm not as young as I used to be!  At the end of the day I'm pretty tired.  Pretty much all of my ink and all of my cutting implements are at the church right now so even if I wanted to make a card...it wouldn't be happening!

Today brings us a new sketch over at Freshly Made Sketches!  This week's awesome sketch is brought to us by the lovely and very talented Linda Suarez.  I loved the angled panel on this week's sketch.  It's so different and I knew right away what I wanted to do for my card (which almost never happens).


I decided to use the new Four You (again!).  I do love the sentiments in this set!  I hadn't used my Beautiful Wings Embosslit in some time so I decided to get it out and use it before I sent it off to Summer Camp!  Sorry this isn't the greatest picture...it was dark and dreary when I was trying to take the photo!

Supplies:
Cardstock: Whisper White, Tempting Turquoise, Melon Mambo
DSP: Polka Dot Parade
Stamps: Four You
Ink: Basic Black
Other: Basic Rhinestones, Dimensionals

Thanks for stopping by!

Please head on over to the Freshly Made Sketches blog and check out the beautiful cards the Design Team has come up with!  I must say - they are uber fabulous!

Have a great day!
Jen


12 comments:

  1. Jen this card is so sweet with all of those pretty butterflies! What? 750 kids!!!!! You'll need a holiday to recover!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I adore polka dots and your butterflies are sweet as can be with them in the background! And how you are doing that camp I will never know - whew is right!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a perfect summer card!! Love those butterflies!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry to hear that you're not as young as you used to be! Bwahh hahahah! Seriously you're an angel for trying to keep 750 kids entertained with paper and ink! And to think, you still had time to create this beauty!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the butterflies, a perfect card for a summer hello!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the cheery colors and all of those glorious polka dots. Great take on the sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the dotted background and the great splash of color with the flight of butterflies!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! You are a busy girl! 750 kids! Yikes! I would be running in the opposite direction! Love your card - I'm a big fan of polka dots and yellow! And the butterflies are just perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your take on the sketch is brilliant! I just was making it way more complicated than it needed to be. The strip of white is so clean and simple. I love the colors and how the butterflies get all of the attention! And, WOW! 750 kids. That is FABULOUS and maybe a little overwhelming, too. It's wonderful that you have that much participation.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your take on the sketch is brilliant! I just was making it way more complicated than it needed to be. The strip of white is so clean and simple. I love the colors and how the butterflies get all of the attention! And, WOW! 750 kids. That is FABULOUS and maybe a little overwhelming, too. It's wonderful that you have that much participation.

    ReplyDelete
  11. You may get two comments from me because the one I just did disappeared! Anyway, I love this card! The clean white strip was so smart and it really showcases the beautiful butterflies against the bright and cheerful background. I'm so happy that you've had such a good turn out at your summer camp! It sounds a bit overwhelming, but it is wonderful that you are touching so many little lives!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is awesome, Jen. I love how bright and cheery it is. What a wonderful way to say hello to someone. 750 kids would probably kill me! Yikes!

    ReplyDelete