Sunday, December 15, 2013

Deepest Sympathy


Hello
I hope you had a great weekend!  We had a good weekend here!  We had a ton of snow yesterday.  The boys were thrilled with it.  This afternoon they were out building forts...or at least trying to.  The snow was dry and they had a hard time but they managed to get a tunnel between our house and our neighbour's house!

Last week I made a baby card for my cousin and her sweet little boy Decklan who came rushing into this world at 31 weeks.  Unfortunately, Decklan suffered some major complications and was taken off of life support on Thursday and passed away.  Making a sympathy card for this particular occasion was hard and hopefully one I never have to do again.  



I decided to use this week's "CAS(E) this Sketch" challenge as a starting point.   I decided to incorporate some butterflies into the card as well.  I wanted to keep the card very neutral and soft.

Supplies:
Cardstock: Sahara Sand, Very Vanilla
DSP: Sweater Weather
Stamps: PTI
Ink: Sahara Sand
Other: Mosaics Textured Embossing Folder, Beautiful Wings Embosslit, Circle Punch, Bitty Banners Framelits,  Basic Pearls, Dimensionals

Thanks for stopping by.   I hope you have a wonderful week!

Jen

2 comments:

  1. Oh I am so sorry for your loss. Just never seems right when a baby is lost--praying your family will find comfort. I know your cousin will appreciate this soft, beautiful card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh what a beautiful card. Looks really pretty. Thanks for playing along with us in the CAS(E) this sketch! challenge and hope to see you again.

    ReplyDelete