Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Freshly Made Sketches Challenge #123


Hello!
Happy Wednesday!  Can you believe we're halfway through the week already!  Today Jacob and I are heading on a class trip with Caleb's class.  They are going to the local arena to do some skating!  The kids are learning about the Olympics and learning about some of the sports in gym class so they are going to do some skating themselves!  I get to go and tie skates!  We shall see how my hands feel tomorrow night!!!

We have a new sketch at Freshly Made Sketches!  I am so fortunate to be this week's hostess!  It's always exciting to come up with a sketch and this week was no exception!  I'm sure you all know how I feel about circles and so I decided to create a sketch that was loaded with circles!  No better way to get over a fear than to jump right in with both feet!

This card isn't particularly for anyone (yet!) but I like to have several birthday cards on hand just in case!!!   I love the new Petite Petals stamp set and coordinating punch in the Occasions Catalogue!  It's perfect to add some little details to a card!  

I'm going through a neutrals phase (you'll see a few upcoming cards that are totally neutral colours!) right now.  You'll have to bear with me through this!!!

Supplies:
Cardstock: Crumb Cake, Very Vanilla
Stamps: Petite Petals, Create a Cupcake (Sentiment)
Ink: Crumb Cake
Other: Very Vanilla Taffeta Ribbon, Basic Pearls

Thanks so much for stopping by!  Please head on over to the Freshly Made Sketches blog and check out the amazing cards the design team has come up with!  I am so fortunate to be able to create with such a great group of ladies!

Have a wonderful day!

Jen

16 comments:

  1. Thanks for an awesome sketch this week! Your card is beautiful.....enjoying your neutral phase! The soft flowers are lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  2. From the moment you posted this in the DT gallery, I have been in love. Gorgeous, gorgeous! Thanks for the great sketch this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so pretty. I love the neutral colours and this is a wonderful sketch.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha, it's good to face your fears head on! This is absolutely beautiful! I love, love the little flowers and pearls!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE circle elements on cards, so your sketch was right up my alley! Love how you've kept to a monochromatic color scheme and used those cute little flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your Sketch,Jen!! Had a lot of fun with it!!
    Your card is so so pretty...i love the little flowers!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for hosting this week challenge. Your card is fabulous...I'm going to pin it one of my boards to inspire me to recreate it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous Card! I love the simplicity and style!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous Card! I love the simplicity and style!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Really lovely card, very soft and comforting. Thanks for the sketch, it was a good challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  11. So clean and classy in the neutrals, Jen...fab sketch! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  12. So elegant with the neutrals! Thanks for the inspiration! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is sooooo pretty & so clean Jen - what a fabulous & clever idea to use these gorgeous flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful! Love the sketch as always!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is SO PRETTY, Jen! I love the white on white with just a touch of crumb cake. So delicate looking. Great sketch, too! The cards in the gallery are extra-fabulous this week thanks to your awesome sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Such a fabulous sketch. I love all the neutrals you used on yours. Crumb Cake is just yummy with all that vanilla. ...and now I'm hungry. lol

    ReplyDelete