Sunday, October 12, 2014

Majestic Monarchs


Hello!
I had a few minutes this weekend to play in my craft room!  The boys enjoyed one of the last flying days of the season on Saturday so I took advantage of hanging out with my paper, stamps and ink!

I'm still working on filling an order of nature inspired cards and what doesn't scream nature more than butterflies?!  I could make dozens of cards with butterflies!

I started with the Fusion card challenge sketch!  It fit my butterflies perfectly!  I decided to pair it with the colours from the Card Concept challenge (using the Clean and Simple style).  I don't really use Halloween cards so I knew that instead of halloween I could do monarchs!



Papillon Potpourri is one of my favourite stamp sets!  Those butterflies totally make me smile!  I used my Score Board to create the lines on the bottom of the front white panel!  I chose a sentiment from a PTI stamp set.  I tried colouring the butterflies to start with but ended up having to just stamp them on some Pumpkin Pie cardstock!  My colouring skills need some work!

Supplies:
Cardstock: Whisper White, Basic Black, Pumpkin Pie
Stamps: Papillon Potpourri, PTI (Sentiment)
Ink: Basic Black
Other: Elegant Butterfly Punch, Dimensionals

Thanks for stopping by!
I hope you have a fabulous day!

Jen!

6 comments:

  1. Your butterflies are so striking against the white background! Very pretty. Thanks for joining us this week at The Card Concept :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulously clean & simple! First off, I love the peek of black on each side of the butterfly panel - really, REALLY highlights those stunning butterflies! I think that the orange paper looks great (and I'm sure your coloring was just a nice too!). The five embossed lines above the sentiment - creative brilliance! Your card is fabulous and I'm so glad that you shared it with us at the Card Concept Challenge.

    PS - GREAT take on the Fusion sketch too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Butterflies make everything better! Beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely, lovely take on the sketch!!! The black really makes them lovelies SHINE!

    Thanks so much for sharing, FUSION in a fave challenge of mine, and I love seeing others so inspired to join in as well!!! -- Thanks for joining us -Kimberly Wiener (FUSION DT).

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous! Thanks for joining us at Fusion!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Perfect, the butterflies are awesome!
    Thanks for joining us at FUSION!

    ReplyDelete