Wednesday, July 15, 2015

Freshly Made Sketches Challenge #195


Hello!
Happy Wednesday!  I hope you're having a great week!  We are almost midway through our Harvest Kids Camp week.  We have a total of 806 (807 if you could my friend's 1 week old baby who showed up to help today)!  My friend Julie and I are running a card making elective with 31 Grades 3-5 kids in the morning and 35 Grades 1 and 2 kids in the afternoon.  We are having a great time.  I'll be honest though, I'm exhausted!

We have a brand new sketch this week at Freshly Made Sketches!  Our hostess is the fabulously talented Kim Singdahlsen.   I am always so amazed at the creativity of Kim's cards.  She is one talented card maker!


Now, if you know me at all, you know that when I saw that sketch I almost cried.  Not one circles but THREE!  I asked Kim if she was trying to do me in!  Now, I could have used an alternative shape but the best way to conquer your fears is to face them right?!  My mom bought me the stitched circle dies for Mother's Day (I LOVE MY MOM!) and I knew they would work perfectly on this card!

I had that silver "Happy" sitting on my craft table, threw on some bling, embossed the birthday and called it a day!

Supplies:
Cardstock: Basic Black, Melon Mambo, Tempting Turquoise, Daffodil Delight
Stamps: Endless Birthday Wishes
Ink: Versamark
Other: Silver Embossing Powder, Hello You Thinlit Dies, Double Stitched Circle Dies (Lil' Inkers), Basic Rhinestones, Dimensionals

Thanks again for stopping by!  Please head over to the Freshly Made Sketches blog to check out the amazing creations the team has come up with!

I hope you have a great end to your week!

Jen!

12 comments:

  1. Hooray for you, facing your fears head-on! Nice job with the circles. Stitched ones always make everything better! And I love the pops of color on the black background. So cool! Good luck at camp. And I hope you get some rest soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those bright circles against the black make me happy! Hope your card classes go well and you don't wear out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those bright circles against the black make me happy! Hope your card classes go well and you don't wear out!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This totally jumps off the screen! It is so vibrant and fun and the black is a perfect background. I hope your camp is going well!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, your circles really pop against the black background! Classy Card

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just love how these pretty colors pop on this happy card. Hang in there with camp -- you're almost done! I'll bet the kids are loving it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a happy card! Love the bright colors against the black background!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello Jen: I love, love the elegant contrast of this vivid colors on the circles and the black background, so classy.
    Thank you for sharing.

    Maria Rodriguez.
    www.swimbikerunandstamp.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. You did a beautiful job with the circles!!! Love the colors and the black background!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I agree with Kim's earlier comment....I'm sorry but you are cured of circle-phobia. This is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Don't be afraid of circles - circles are your friend! Look at how easy you created this fabulous card!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. You've faced your fears and you've won!! The colorful trio of circles on black is fantastic - then the sequins and silver pop perfectly!!

    ReplyDelete