Wednesday, February 3, 2016

Freshly Made Sketches Challenge #222


Hello!
Happy Wednesday!  Today just happens to be my husband's birthday!  I won't mention which one but let's say that a really big one is coming very soon!  Thankfully he's a really easy going guy so he doesn't care what we have for dinner tonight and his request for a cake was actually just chocolate cupcakes!  I find it hard to believe that we've known each other for 29 years!  Doesn't seem even possible!!!  I'm sure I'm not a day over 20 myself!!!

We have a great new sketch today at Freshly Made Sketches!  Our amazing hostess this week is Narelle Farrugia!  Narelle's cards are always magnificent creations.  She creates the most gorgeous layers and she is the most patient cutter outer there is!
This isn't my husband's birthday card.  Don't get excited! I didn't give him one with flowers and bling on it!!!
I do love these Circle Scribbles stamps from My Favourite Things!  They are super fun and even more fun to colour!  Of course I had to use my new Zig Clean Colour Real Brush markers again!  I just love colouring with them!

I had a hard time getting the "banners" right on this card.  I tried many, many, many combinations.  I'm not happy with this one either but alas, I had to pick something!  Sometimes I question myself!

Supplies:
Cardstock: Whisper White, Basic Black, Watercolour (Canson)
Stamps: LJD Circle Scribbles (MFT),  LJD Blissful Butterflies (MFT)
Ink: Stazon Black
Other: Circle Scribbles Die-namics, Zig Clean Colour Real Brush Markers, Double Stitched Squares (Lil' Inkers), Stitched Banner (Lil' Inkers),  Double Stitched Rectangles (Lil' Inkers), Basic Rhinestones

Thanks so much for stopping by today!  I hope you'll head over to the Freshly Made Sketches blog and check out the Design Team's beautiful cards!

Have a fabulous day!
Jen


7 comments:

  1. So cute with those funky flowers and stitched edges! And Happy Birthday to your hubby! Chocolate cupcakes works for me too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These flowers are wonderful and your shading is so pretty! Great card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think your banners look fantastic, Jen, and those flowers are to die for! Happy Birthday to your husband - you must have first met when you were toddlers ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL! I thought for sure all that bling was for your husband! I love those scribbley flowers - with or without the sparkle!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I adore these flowers and the pretty colours you've used! Any I'm sure your husband would love any card (bling and all) that you made for him.
    ps. do you know the real reason I fussy cut? it's because I'm a messy stamper and have to cut the smudged ink off!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This card is fabulous! I love the colors!!

    ReplyDelete